He looked at his own Soul with a telescope.What seemed all irregular, he sawand shewed to be beautiful constellations.And he added to the Consciousness hidden worlds within worlds.
S. Coleridge, Notebooks of a Great Metaphysician (1794/1804)
Film Director, Writer, Filmmaker
"In dreams begin responsibilities" - Delmore Schwartz
Jay Manari is a detail-oriented, visionary, and multifaceted Italian Film Director, Screenwriter, and Filmmaker with several years of experience in the independent Film Industry.
He worked as director-writer-producer, assistant director/ production coordinator in films, corporate, and music videos both in Europe (Italy) and in the U.S (California - LA & New York).
In 2018, Jay became CEO and Creative Art Director of MiraBan LTD, an art and entertainment company running indie art contests and events. Versatile and explorative by nature, Jay enjoys taking on new roles, especially the ones requiring both creative and managerial skills. Jay lives and works in Wales in both the HTV and indie film industries.
Painter by vocation, Jay constantly enriches his vision with a Fine Arts background to nurture and stimulate his research and exploration of characters' choices, wishes, and events.
- Clear Vision
- Versatile and creative
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently under pressure
- Ability to work independently through feedback quickly to the deadlines given
- Self-confidence and Determination
- Organized with an attention for detail and an ability to work collaboratively Easily respond to critical feedback
- Large experience in storytelling and an ability to create visually exciting content
- Knowledge of following digital softwares: Adobe Premiere (7+); Final Cut Pro (3+); Photoshop (6+), Adobe Lightroom and Illustrator (4+)
- "L'erba 'voglio' cresce nel mio giardino perché io la coltivo." (2012)
- "Everything depends on how much strength you have, how stubborn you are, and how many people you can convince to believe in your idea." (2014)
- "Those that go through Hell with you, and stay, are the only ones worthy the pain of those flames" (2017)
- "Long Live the Film!" (2018)
The background video of this page is an excerpt from BBC FOUR of "We: Variant of a Manifesto" (1922) by the Russian Filmmaker Dziga Vertov