He looked at his own Soul with a telescope.What seemed all irregular, he sawand shewed to be beautiful constellations.And he added to the Consciousness hidden worlds within worlds.
S. Coleridge, Notebooks of a Great Metaphysician (1794/1804)
Film Director, Writer, Filmmaker
"In dreams begin responsibilities" - Delmore Schwartz
Jay Manari is an independent director-writer-producer, who worked in films, corporate, and music videos both in Europe (Italy) and in the U.S (California - LA & New York), and he is currently actively working as a director's assistant in London-based High-end TV Dramas.
Since 2018, Jay is the festival director of MiraBan UK Film Awards, a London-based, and diversity-driven film indie film festival, member of BFI and Film Hub London.
In Spring 2022, Jay worked as director's assistant to the Australian director Amanda Brotchie on 'The Ballade of Renagade Nell' development (Lookout Point, Disney Plus).
Versatile and explorative by nature, Jay enjoys taking on new roles, especially the ones requiring both creative and managerial skills. Painter by vocation, Jay constantly enriches his vision with Fine Arts background to nurture and stimulate his research and exploration of characters' choices, wishes, and events
Jay Manari è un autore e regista italiano che, dal 2014, lavora sulla produzione di film indipendenti e nel cast tecnico di serie TV internazionali, come Sex Education e War of the Worlds, prodotte e/o distribuite da Netflix, Sky TV, Amazon Prime, ITV e Disney Plus.
Da gennaio 2018, Jay è direttore artistico di una poliedrica società d'arte e intrattenimento, MiraBan LTD, promotrice di numerosi eventi culturali, quali mostre d'arte itineranti in cui le opere si raccontano diventando i personaggi di una storia, e film festival, come il MiraBan UK Film Awards, baluardo del cinema indipendente.
Ai molteplici impegni lavorativi, Jay affianca un affascinante percorso accademico che lo vede coinvolto in un dottorato di ricerca sul valore di un metodo di regia politicamente scorretto, argomento accolto con vivo entusiasmo dal dipartimento di Theatre and Dramatic Arts dell'università di Birmingham.
- Clear Vision
- Versatile and creative
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently under pressure
- Ability to work independently through feedback quickly to the deadlines given
- Self-confidence and Determination
- Organized with an attention for detail and an ability to work collaboratively Easily respond to critical feedback
- Large experience in storytelling and an ability to create visually exciting content
- Knowledge of following digital softwares: Adobe Premiere (7+); Final Cut Pro (3+); Photoshop (6+), Adobe Lightroom and Illustrator (4+)
- "L'erba 'voglio' cresce nel mio giardino perché io la coltivo." (2012)
- "Everything depends on how much strength you have, how stubborn you are, and how many people you can convince to believe in your idea." (2014)
- "Those that go through Hell with you, and stay, are the only ones worth the pain of those flames" (2017)
- "Long Live the Film!" (2018)
The background video of this page is an excerpt from BBC FOUR of "We: Variant of a Manifesto" (1922) by the Russian Filmmaker Dziga Vertov